If you’ve ever helped arrange a funeral, you know even the most basic funerals can be difficult to afford. Pre-planning for events you know will occur can help take some of the pain out of the those expenses for yourself and your family.
One of the best ways to control these costs is to plan ahead by knowing the average cost of a funeral and what each of the items cost. Once you know the costs, you can decide which items are must-haves, what would be nice, and what you can do without.
Families often emotionally overspend by thousands of dollars when purchasing funeral arrangements. This is common for several reasons:
- The emotional impact of losing someone can cloud judgement
- There are often pressing time constraints
- Many on-the-spot decisions must be made
- Most families have no prior experience in funeral planning
- Some funeral homes and cemeteries may take advantage of the situation and put profit ahead of saving the family money
So, why is it we don’t shop for funeral costs?
The cost of a funeral with a burial or cremation is just as expensive – sometimes more expensive – than other big purchases we normally compare prices on before buying.
Fortunately there are ways to save. one of the many ways families can save on funeral expenses is by shopping for the funeral services and items they want. most consumers don;t think about shopping around for funeral expenses, but it is important to understand all of your options before purchasing anything or selecting a funeral home.
The Legacy of Love – Funeral Planning is here as a valuable resource for your funeral needs. we will not only assist in Pre-Planning your arrangements, but also assist your family at time of need. We will make suggestions, and provide guidance to your family to ensure prudent decisions are made, and money is saved, all in accordance with your funeral wishes and plans.
Did you know the average cost of a funeral is OVER $13,000!
Fortunately there are ways to save. Her are some tips:
- Contact several funeral homes in your area to get a range of prices for the services provided.
- Some funeral items, such as caskets or liners, can be purchased outside the funeral home.
- Embalming is not required. We can help.
- Visitation and memorial services do not have to occur a the funeral home.
More and more people are making the choice to cover their own funeral expenses – both to make sure their final wishes are carried out and to save their loved ones the burden of taking care of the arrangements and the cost upon their death. Legacy of Love – Funeral Planning works with you during the planning process, and with your family at time of need, to assure your wishes are completed in the most affordable manner possible.